Reading is our passion, and we want to be a community lead bookshop that involves itself whole heartedly in the local area and the people that contribute to its success.
We appreciate that online book retailers may be slightly cheaper, but what they lack is a personal touch. We are proud to be part of the Independent Book Shop Community, and hope that your school will consider us before choosing those big online giants. If you want to discuss anything please give us a call on 01278 428469.
We can offer you various services:
Is your library or literacy budget tight this year?
- We can help to organise sponsored reading events. As well as raising literacy levels, a sponsored read can create a real buzz for reading, and raise valuable funds for books at the same time! We can supply schools with their own tailor-made choice of books after the event, delivered directly to your school. Depending on the amount raised, we can offer up to 20% of the amount raised back in free books*. We can also provide templates for the sponsor forms, letters for parents, posters, certificates and bookmarks. *of the full amount spent on books not including deducted costs.
- We can provide you with advice in accessing grants and funding for books and library equipment.
Want to create an experience to remember?
- We can arrange or accommodate an Author or illustrator visit to the school. We can also provide the books to sell and sign. Depending on the author, and the size of the event we may also be able to sell the books to students at a discount. Often they will provide a talk or workshop on the day.
Do you need a book in a hurry, or have no time to visit us?
- We can order books in for you, and on larger orders we can offer them at a discounted price.
- We can provide book fairs in your school for events such as open evenings and parent’s evenings. Depending on the total amount taken in book sales we can offer up to 20% back as free books for your school.
- We offer staff only discount ‘weeks’ throughout the year on presentation of a school lanyard.
- We can supply your school with book tokens or gift cards for achievements or end of year assemblies.
- We can even supply your school with end of school dictionary’s or literary gifts.
Do you want to raise literacy levels or encourage reading but have limited time or budget?
- We offer many services around World book Day. These include books fairs in your school, providing promotional materials and later opening hours in the shop. We can also offer a private booking of the shop for an exclusive event for your school.
- We can offer many services for special national book related events such as National Poetry day, Roald Dahl Day, Black history month and mental health awareness.
- We offer a large separate space to rent in the shop that is ideal for staff twilight sessions or student group activities. The room will easily accommodate 30 people. We will provide refreshments and biscuits. Price start at £15 per hour. We may also be able to offer a special book display or a discount on books after the event.
If you want to discuss any of our services here or have another special request not mentioned please don’t hesitate to get in touch or follow us on social media @snugbookshop or call us on 01278 428469.